Thursday, February 18

Back to my roots designing websites


Recently I have taken on a few website / blog design projects just to help a few friends out with their band’s website or company website or whatever it may be. I have to say, I really enjoy it and it takes me back to when I took my first stumbling steps in the world of web design back when I was 16-17 years old. This was also around the time when people were chatting on mIRC, had not yet fully understood what hotmail was for and Altavista was the search engine of choice. Oh, and also back when everyone took a stab at creating their own free website on web portals like Fortunecity and the design philosophy was: colourful website + blinking-animations-all-over-the-page-just-because-I-can = nice!

At first when I started writing html code again it felt a bit rusty and there was a lot of trial and error, but I think I am getting the hang of it again! My latest project is to help our friend Les with a new website for her company ‘Moyes & Co’ and just this evening I sent off a draft to them to get their aye or nay on it. Partial as I am, I think it turned out pretty decent.

Coincidentally; we happen to be a bit short staffed at work at the moment, so this week I have helped out in our Swedish customer care team where I've spent a fair few hours working with various clients on developing Facebook pages (one of the products we sell) and that has also given me an opportunity to fiddle with my beloved html code. Is this a sign? Am I meant to revive my old company ‘WD Design’ that I started when I was still living in my mom and step dad’s attic?

Nah… just keep it simple. No need for those internet millions that are out there, just waiting to be found and collected!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey, don't be shy... drop us a line!