Monday, February 22

Another fab weekend


It’s Monday again and once again I am typing away on the bus to work. Good old #25! We have had a really good weekend again and I think the fact that it is getting closer to spring helps. It is easier to gather the energy to step outside and go for a walk. We also think that our new location helps; there are more shops and cafés and restaurants around here.

On Friday after work I made a split second decision to go out for a few pints with a colleague of mine, so we hit up a bar at the Haymarket train station and just had a really good chat. After this I headed home and as soon as I walked through the door I heard a cry for food: “I’m huuungry!”. It was my lovely wife who had a growling tummy. I thought “Maybe I am a bit hungry too…” (even though I had had 5 slices of Domino’s pizza and chocolate cake at work earlier that afternoon) and offered to nip out to the kebab shop across the street. Did you notice how I just proved the point above? …Easier to gather the energy… …More restaurants… :)

On Saturday we did a bit more unpacking, almost there now, and then we ventured out for a nice long walk around Edinburgh town. Later in the evening, Jen & Mike came by for, I am sad to say this, more pizza, a glass of wine and a good chat.

On Sunday we continued with our unpacking and cleaning project and got quite a lot done before we decided to nip out for another walk and go see Orlaith in her flat. She has lived there for the longest time but I have never been. Shaena has, but I haven’t. Better late than never I guess!

Next weekend will without a doubt be a good one as well as my brother John is visiting, he will be our first guest from abroad in the new casa. Next Saturday we are also having a housewarming party! Should be a swell time! Yes, swell!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey, don't be shy... drop us a line!