Friday, May 15

Going, going, gone! Sold to the only guy that came to the viewing!


The apartment in Sweden is sold! The viewing last night didn’t really attract a stampede of people but one guy showed up and must have liked what he saw. He made an offer on the spot, the real estate agent haggled with the guy as he should, the guy raised his bid, and the deal was done. The initial contract got signed this afternoon and the new owner will take possession on the 15th of June.

I must say, I feel really relieved to get this out of the way and to have the deal done and dusted. I am done with tenants and it feels great to close the books on that part of my life as well. We wouldn’t ever move back to the flat anyway as it is a studio flat and would probably not move back to that particular suburb either, and if we wouldn’t have sold the flat I would have had to go out on the prowl for a new tenant, and that is always a drag. Plus, it is a constant responsibility as well.

We didn’t make the profit we would have hoped for, but at least we walked away with a few extra pennies in our pocket, which is not bad at all. I promised my dad a little something-something if we sold the flat with a profit, so I am happy I will be able to do that for him. It's not much, only a little token of our appreciation to him for making the effort to come out here this summer. Overall, to sum it up, it was a good investment and it served me well for the short time I lived there.

What else is new? Well, more prizes are drizzling in! I won a very nice home stereo system at work today. It was a Grundig iPod docking-station, CD-player, MP3-player and radio in one. I won it in this week’s competition for top scoring training calls with our clients. Nice!

Oh, and another thing; My brother John has booked his flights for 'Edinburgh Take 2' in the end of this month. He is making another attempt to come see us, and hopefully he will not be held up in traffic this time around. I am not going to request another finger-crossing-session, as it is all you guys have been doing lately. This time, I think we'll just go with Karma. :)

All of this combined, it has been a very good week, so we went out for a quick celebration drink with Ron tonight. Burgers and drinks at the pub, simple but very nice and relaxed. The plan for the last couple of days has been to make it to the movies to go see ‘Angels & Demons’ but it has been a busy week (as always) and we have just been too tired to go, but we’ll probably go to one of the afternoon-screenings this weekend. Sounds like it could be a good movie, so I am excited to go see it. Always up for a good conspiracy flick!

1 comment:

  1. As we said, one is enough!
    Congretulations on the sell!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Hey, don't be shy... drop us a line!