Saturday, May 9

Movies, movies, movies


Today has been a real lazy-day! Rolled out of bed not too late, not too early and my lovely wife had made me a nice cup of coffee and I was offered breakfast, but decided to make myself a breakfast Fajita from last night’s leftovers instead. Naughty naughty, but so delish! We then made our way out the door and the first stop was the barber’s where I got a haircut. Since I won £20 and bottle of wine in last week’s competition at work, we decided to go pick out a few movies to buy for the collection. We stopped by HMV and bought ‘The X-Men trilogy’, ‘The Da Vinci Code’ and ‘Life Is Beautiful’. All great movies and we only had to pay £1 out of our own pocket! Sweet!

After a bit of an aimless hunt for new t-shirts for me, we went home and watched ‘Ghost Town’ with Ricky Gervais and ‘Deception’ with Ewan McGregor, none of them very good movies. Then we attempted to watch ‘The Da Vinci Code’ instead, but by that point I think we got a bit tired of watching movies, so we phoned people instead. We phoned my dad and talked TV shows amongst other things… are you starting to see a pattern here?

After our late dinner (a very brave attempt to make Macaroni and Cheese and beef mince that turned out very yummy) we watched a really good show, at least in comparison with other British TV shows, called ‘Bring Back Star Trek’ with Justin Lee Collins who interviewed and tried to reunite the original cast from Star Trek. Very funny and interesting! Who knew William Shatner is such a douche?

Last movie of the night was ‘Red Dragon’, the Hannibal Lecter-movie with Edward Norton and Anthony Hopkins. At last, a great movie!

Hannibal Lecter: I'll call you if I think of anything else, would you perhaps like to leave me your home phone number?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey, don't be shy... drop us a line!