Wednesday, May 20

It feels like it is Friday, but it’s not


An alternative title for this entry could have been the song title ’I thought it was over but it’s not’ or even ‘Just another manic Monday (to Wednesday)’. Yep, it is only Wednesday and it has been a busy, intense week so far. Lots of stuff to do at work for me, probably because the office back in Sweden that I am working with is closed from tomorrow over the long weekend, hence the sales people have crammed a week’s worth of requests into 3 days.

I like being kept busy though, and the progress we are making with our client’s is great despite the poor economic climate, so no complaints there! I have also been phoning around sorting things out for the upcoming sale of the apartment, so that’s all done now. Now we’ll just have to wait until the 15th of June when the rest of the contracts are to be signed.

We also had a dinner party at our place last night. Mrs. Walker, Mrs. Cantwell-Thomson and Ms. Brogan attended and Shaena and I had prepared tons of homemade potato salad the night before and had also marinated what seemed like half a chicken farm. The food turned out delicious, if I may say so myself, and it was a nice evening with some good banter. Thanks ladies! (Now come help with the dishes!)

After our guests left we watched ‘Nixon/Frost’, the movie about the Frost-interviews after the Watergate scandal. Very interesting movie indeed! The political movie theme continued tonight when we watched ‘Wag The Dog’, also a good movie with an intriguing premise about a presidential cover-up after a scandal involving indiscretion in the oval office. I also remember watching that movie in grade 11 in social science class.

All things considered, I think it is safe to say that we will be sleeping in this weekend because we are a bit drained.

Dad: I will phone you tomorrow instead!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey, don't be shy... drop us a line!