Sunday, May 31

Excellent company – excellent weekend!


Another whirlwind of a weekend is soon over! John left for the airport this morning, a few hours before we expected. John had misread the itinerary, so good thing we fell asleep early last night! Looks like I have started recapping the weekend backwards now, so think I will just roll with it.

So, last night we were supposed to go out for a few drinks at the local around the corner, but after walking and touristing out in the sun for 4-5 hours and a massive lasagna-dinner, we were zonked. That was probably one of my best lasagnas ever by the way, if I may say so myself!

Anyway, yesterday started with a full Scottish breakfast at Indigo Yard and after that we headed off on the ‘Peter Helin-Happy-History-Horror-walk’ through the old town, down Royal Mile back up Princes Street finally home through the Princes Street Garden. Of course we also made a few pit stops in the old town for refreshments.

Scottish breakfast and Haggis

Ze parents to be

Ze brothers

"I would walk 500 miles, and I would walk 500 more..."

Drinks in The Beehive beer garden

The Elephant House where the Harry Potter-books were written

John also had the great pleasure of meeting a woman who is in the ‘Guinness Book of World Records’ for being the most pierced person in the world with her astonishing (and also quite disturbing) 6700 piercings all over her body! She also had lots of tattoos, and she said all in all she had spent £40000 on her body art. Don’t they look lovely together?

A Guinness at The World's End bar

Before we went home for the day, we stopped by in Princes Street garden for a quick stretch on the grass. It was so hot outside that children were bathing in the fountain in the garden. Almost unheard of in Edinburgh!

That was it, a short but intense weekend with lots of fun! Unfortunately John left in such a hurry, he did not have time to write in the guestbook, but we expect a double-header when he is back in the fall.

Thanks for visiting, brother!

1 comment:

  1. I love to visit you.
    I love Edinburgh.
    I love to wait for my next trip to you.

    ReplyDelete

Hey, don't be shy... drop us a line!