Saturday, September 5

Like sands through the hourglass so are the days of our lives


Another good Saturday has come and gone. It is close to midnight and my little family just passed out. Shaena and Ethan fell asleep on the futon and I am just about to head to bed myself. It has been a good, relaxed day today; Ethan and I started the morning with watching old music videos on Youtube, he really seemed to enjoy that. We watched the old Queen classics “I want to break free” and “Bohemian Rhapsody” and also a few Metallica songs. Today would have been Freddie Mercury’s 60th birthday, by the way.

This afternoon we also went to a nearby travel agency to ask them what our options would be if we would like to go on a cruise holiday at some point, and after that Martijn came by to try and sort out our Rosetta Stone language software and I guess we got about halfway there. We had to bribe him with banana bread, but it was well worth it. Tomorrow we’ll make an attempt to do some cleaning and tidying in the Harrison-Helin household. I want to make sure that the place is nice and tidy before I leave for the US of A.

We are preparing for a long week ahead of us as I am heading to Atlanta early Monday morning, and Shaena and Ethan are going to have the house all to themselves. I am going to a leadership off-site meeting at a hotel about 1½ hours outside Atlanta in Pine Mountain. The hotel (and adjacent humongous garden, spa and golf courses) is called Callaway Gardens. Should be good times, and I am flattered that I got invited, but at the same time, I am going to miss my wife and baby tons! I am flying back on Friday evening and will be back in Edinburgh on Saturday morning, just in time for Jen & Mike’s wedding in St. Andrews later the same afternoon! Wacky!

Oh, and another cool thing, completely off topic: Our friend Tobbe just told us that he and two other guys have signed up for the Mongol Rally 2010! Basically, the Mongol Rally is a charity race where the contestants pay an entry fee and buy a small car. They then start of in London, England and drive all the way to Ulan Bator, Mongolia and once there, they are required to give the car away to charity as well! Sounds like an absolutely awesome adventure, and a great initiative! We'll be sure to stay on top of that when they take off next summer, and we will probably head down to London to see them off as well. Maybe we can even get them to bring something of ours along for the ride, just for kicks? Like 'Morris the Moose' maybe... or 'Bobblehead Mats Sundin'?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey, don't be shy... drop us a line!