Saturday, January 17

Travel season has begun!


The winter doom and gloom seems to be over in Edinburgh and we get more and more sun hours every day, which is of course nice and blissful! At the same time we can tell that friends and family are coming out of hibernation as we are experiencing more and more activity in our booking system.

Ha, we don’t have a booking system of course, but you have to admit; that sounded quite fancy!

We are really happy that so many people are showing an interest in coming to visit us here in Edinburgh and of course to see the baby after its arrival. Thank you for that!

We also have a few trips planned ourselves already, as you’ve probably already seen below. Mexico is definitely the big tamale right now, but we are also heading to Athens, Greece tomorrow for my company’s kick-off and Shaena is going to tag along and just chill out in the hotel, do some SPA-ing and go see the sights in downtown Athens. I am fairly certain SPA-ing is not a verb, but you get the drift.

From what I understand from my Greek colleagues at work, the hotel we are staying at is one of the nicest and most expensive in Greece and that that is where the famous people stay, so we’ll be sure to keep our eyes open for that. Celebrity-spotting is so much fun, don’t you agree?

My work schedule for the few days we are there is packed so I won’t be able to go sightseeing at all but I have already been to Athens a few years back so I am not too bummed about working the whole time and I know that Shaena will have a jolly good time strolling around taking pictures of all the old landmarks.

It really is a cool city for that reason, but it’s also a pretty congested and dirty city, but as long as you stick to the old parts of the city, you’re fine.

What else? Well, we are talking about going up north in Sweden as well after Baby H is born and are trying to figure out the best time for this as well. The autumn in Norrbotten, the county where I am from, is beautiful so if we could hit up Haparanda in August sometime, that would be ideal, and if not we could do Christmas on Ekorrstigen. That is where I grew up for the first half-decade of my life. Would be awesome to see my dad dress up as Santa and give our little baby its first snowy Christmas experience. I am getting ahead of myself as we just wrapped up this Christmas but as a parent, you’ll have to learn how to plan ahead, right?

We’ll be sure to give ya’ll an update once we are back.

Opa! and Efharisto!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey, don't be shy... drop us a line!