Thursday, October 8

Trip #1 to Sweden - Booked!


Today I've booked the first of my two remaining work trips for the rest of the year, trip #1 to Sweden and our Stockholm office. I have a feeling this will be a good, valuable and rewarding trip. One of the sales reps I am working with a lot is very excited that I am coming out there to meet her clients, as she has been talking to the clients about the work I do for them for so long, and finally we'll get an opportunity to meet.

Just to give you a taste of some of the work I do, as I have been accused of being a real-life 'Chandler Bing from Friends' when it comes to explaining what I work with, here is what the trip agenda will look like:

On the first day, the Wednesday, we are delivering a training workshop on 'job advert optimization for the internet' together for a well known recruitment company in Sweden, and for the rest of the day we'll be swishing around from meeting to meeting with clients, discussing stats, areas of improvement, and returns on investment. Kind of like talking a person through a Google Analytics report, but with an added online-recruitment-advertising-twist. On the Thursday, I will spend the day in the office to further build relations and introduce one of my team members to the sales team, and the Friday will be a mix of meetings and office time. Exciting stuff, eh! Pfft!

Most exciting though: I get to hang with my brother John! I opted not to stay in a hotel during this visit, as I normally do in Sweden, so that John can make me his famous Swedish breakfast with Hono-kaka (or possibly his flavor-of-the-month-bread), Kalles kaviar, Swedish cheese (which is much, much better than our bland British cheeses, by the way), Butter with sea salt, maybe some chocolate milk and a drop of O.J. Sure beats the crap out of continental breakfast!

Goes without saying that I'll be missing my little family a lot, but luckily we have two weeks of holiday time coming up soon, so lots of time to hang and chill out. Still to be decided what we are going to do, but whatever we decide on, it will be awesome!


3 comments:

  1. Peter, The Polarkaka, The Mellanmjölk, And a brand new tube of Kalles Kaviar will wait for you and just longing for to be eaten. And maybe some cans of fridge cold Norrlands Guld Beer will be served. Enjoy your stay :)
    See you soon brother!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wawa-woowoo! King of the castle!

    ReplyDelete
  3. As we say in ElStockholmo; Det kan du fethajja!

    ReplyDelete

Hey, don't be shy... drop us a line!