Wednesday, October 14

Ron’s last day


Today was Ron’s last day at work in our office here in Edinburgh, so we had a nice banter in the office, had a few leaving-gifts prepared (both nice ones and silly Scottish crap ones, as you do), and we also got taken out for a nice steak dinner. Sweet!

Ron is moving back to Atlanta to take on a new role after two years abroad. I am sad to see him go, but we all knew it was coming sooner or later. He is originally from Atlanta, and that is also where he has his home and his base of family and friends, so I am sure it is nice for him and his family to go back home after their stint over here, and settle down into family life.

Ron has taught me so much about our company, shown me how to approach different tricky situations from new angles, and given me long lectures on strategic business reasoning among other things - truly an inspirational leader, and I am also proud to call him my friend.

Thank you for everything Ron! I will see you next time I am in Atlanta, and you can take me out for Krispy Kremes again!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey, don't be shy... drop us a line!