Tuesday, October 6

The Na!


The weekend started off as planned... Me, Orlaith, Maeghan and Jen were all set to board our flights to Dublin for our weekend in Ballina. Unfortunately for Maeghan and Jen, Ryanair have a policy that foreigners must have their passports re-checked after online check in to ensure they have a valid visa to re-enter the UK. This was something that we overlooked on the Ryanair website as it is not custom for airlines to do this!

It should have been okay but the Servisair people were complete knobs and so rude! They wouldn't re-print the boarding passes after the girls bolted down to the check in desk (with time to spare!) so they were unable to join us on the weekend! I am currently in the process of writing a letter of complaint to Servisair for their lack of customer service!

Not to start a posting with a negative but the weekend went on from there and improved greatly!

Orlaith and I arrived in Dublin city to be met by Henry Travellers (a large blow up doll from the movie "I love you man") and Cormac (my very good friend from when I lived in Dublin!) We headed into town to 'Copperface Jack's' and met up with Orlaith's best friend in the world Tracey O'Hora (...yes Swedish people, that is a real last name!) and her boyfriend Graeme. Let me tell you; I had forgotten how expensive Dublin was. €23 Euro and 3 drinks later we were cutting it on the dance floor.

Tracey and Graeme graciously hosted us on my first sleep away from Ethan, sharing a bed with Orlaith. Not the way I pictured my first full night's sleep. Orlaith is a cover hog!

The next day we started our trek to the west. The Na is everything Orlaith said it would be and more! A quaint little village with Orlaith's mom's flower shop on the main drag. Orlaith has been telling us about her Grannie all this time, and this was my chance to put a face to the name, and she was on form. For a lady that is 91 years of age, she is sharp as a tack. Orlaith has also promised that she will appear on here on our blog with a guest-entry about Grannie's new camel coloured coat, so keep your eyes peeled for that story. It is a belter! (Bit of Scottish slang there for ya!)

That night we went clubbing and danced the night away. Can't forget the 3am after-club stop at 'Super Mac's' for greasy burgers. No need to go into details, the pictures will speak for themselves!

The following day was like home away from home. Marie, Orlaith's mom, nursed our hangovers and made us endless supplies of tea. Thanks for the tea, Marie! :)

Finally, our last stop was to see Grannie again before we hit the road back to Dub. I hope I am half the woman she is when I am that age. Cormac collected us once back in Dublin and whisked us to the airport for our flight home. T'was a great weekend and I can't wait to do it again, next time with Ethan and Peter.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey, don't be shy... drop us a line!