Wednesday, March 24

Man-flu and overload on Italian grub


I am rarely sick but for the last few days I have been coughing like a seal and today I almost lost my voice. I kinda sounded like Stephen Hawking in most of my meetings at work, which someone kindly pointed out to me as well! I was planning on, and was looking forward to, meeting up with our Dublin-friend Jenny after work but once I got home I realized that that was just not going to happen. All this because of a severe case of the man-flu! Total bummer that I don't get to meet up with Jenny and instead, I will be spending the night coughing and moaning about nothing at all whilst feeling sorry for myself.

So, blessed with yet another chunk of spare time I started thinking about dinner options and instantly ruled out Italian. We had a business lunch at work today in an Italian restaurant and last night I went out for dinner with a colleague from work, also in an Italian restaurant. But then I started counting backwards and realized that I have actually had Italian food so many times it is almost verging on insanity! Earlier this week I had made a Spaghetti Bolognese for dinner at home from which, as I don't have another mouth to feed right now, l had enough leftovers for not only one but two lunchboxes to bring to work. Going back another couple of days to last week, as you know, I also had Italian not only one but two times last Wednesday. Grand total: 7 Italian meals in 7 days!

So to break this unfortunate but oh so tasty stride of Italian lunches and dinners, I am having a good old Chicken Tikka tonight and will be kicking back with one of my favorite episodes of How I met Your Mother; 'Slapsgiving' where Marshall is handing out the final slap to Barney after a 'Slap-bet' and finishes the show with a song that he wrote for Barney:



"Slapetizers, anyone?"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey, don't be shy... drop us a line!