Sunday, March 21

Another recap of a bee-zay week


Let me give you an update on what has been up for this past week and a bit. Shaena and Ethan left for Canada on Friday morning for their epic mother-and-son journey. The same evening I was invited to Piers' house to help with with his computer and also for dinner and drinks. We definitely made a decent effort at sorting out his computer, but the delicious Thai-food and the wine from their wine club strong-armed us so in the end, the computer did not get sorted out and I had to go back there yesterday to finish the job.

On Saturday and Sunday I had homework to do to prepare for my course in London that was to take place on Sunday morning. So I did. I read through case study after case study and actually found some of them quite interesting after a while. The course on the Monday however, was super-interesting and the visiting professor from the University of North Carolina, Dr. Daniel Cable, was both witty, entertaining but most of all, thought provoking. He really knew how to keep the discussions and though process going for a whole day. In the end of the day he also gave us a signed copy of his book 'Change to Strange'. In the evening, our class went for a 'networking dinner' at an Italian restaurant. I never thought that you could get disappointed by Italian food, I have always seen pasta as a safe bet, but our Chicken Milanese was terrible. Tasted like fish and it seemed like it had been in the frying pan for the past 2 weeks.

On Wednesday it was back to work and we had a visitor from Sweden in the office so lots of meetings and discussions on how we do things, how we can do things better, how they work in the office over in Stockholm, process, workflow... you know, sexy conversations like that. Very interesting and very needed however. In the evening... wait for it... more wine and dine! Our visitor wanted to take us out for dinner so we had reserved a table at an Italian restaurant, yes lots of Italian food in one go, but I can't really complain as I organized the whole thing. Before knowing that we would get crap Italian in London, of course! :)

On Friday evening I was exhausted after the long days and nights of the past week and pretty much fell asleep standing as I walked through the front door after work. Slept all of Friday night away and woke up around 10-ish on Saturday morning, and off I went again! Piers obviously wanted to get the rest of his computer stuff sorted and after that we were to head out for the Scotland-Ireland rugby game at Malone's bar. We had a great night and a ton of our friends showed up, only downside is that I can only sit through so much sport before I: a) get really really bored, or b) pull my hair out and eat my hat.

On the agenda for today: Housework! As I have not had a chance to be home much this past week, I am really looking forward to some good ol' dusting, vacuuming and laundry.

A few snaps from last night, borrowed from Jen's camera:
(As this is a family blog, I opted to leave out any evidence of Nicky's 'knee-high-pink-and-gray-tartan-sock dance show' as it may severely scar young retinas)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey, don't be shy... drop us a line!