Saturday, May 22

Poor Ethan is feeling a bit under the weather


Our little Ethan is not his normal happy self today; he is snotty, tired and a bit cranky. He got to play with his new colourful balls this morning and that seemed to cheer him up though. He figured out that he could smack the balls so that they rolled across the room, chase after them and then repeat the procedure. That kept him busy for a while. He just downed a bottle of formula and has gone down for a nap. When he wakes up he’ll notice that there is a little bit less room in his playpen.

The reason for this is that I have dumped all 100 balls in his playpen, and hopefully he’ll appreciate it. If not, we’ll most likely have to pick the balls off the floor after he has tossed them out of his domains. Actually, it is fairly likely we’ll have to pick them up from the floor either way.

Ethan and I also had a bit of a magical moment this morning. His nose was snotty and he was whining so I picked him up and put him on my chest so he could rest his head on my housecoat. I then gave him my mobile phone, which I know he likes to play with, and we played Jason Mraz’ “I’m yours” on repeat. Ethan then calmed down and just laid still and hugged me for a while. What a fantastic feeling to know that your child has such faith in you and can instantly feel safe and secure just by being close.

"So I won't hesitate no more, no more
It cannot wait I'm sure
There's no need to complicate
Our time is short
This is our fate, I'm yours"


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey, don't be shy... drop us a line!