Thursday, May 27

Happy 1st Father’s Day!


...on June 11th... Or is it?

Funny story! So I was talking to Shaena on the phone on my way home from work today, as per usual. I mentioned that it had been a long day with a marathon meeting from 9.15am all the way up until 5.15pm so I was zonked. Shaena then said: “I’ll make you a nice cup of coffee for you when you come home.” When I got home, she did exactly that. Shaena came down from the kitchen with a fresh cup of coffee in a brand new cup! The cup had our family photos printed on it and said “Happy 1st Father’s Day June 11th 2010!”.

That was of course so nice and ‘so Shaena’ to surprise me like that!

Now you are thinking: “Sure, cute, but what was so funny about that?” Well let me tell you:

1. As Shaena already mentioned (when she hastily posted the last entry to beat me to the punch) she literally cannot stop herself from handing over a gift directly after the purchase or at least well in advance before the actual occasion. In other words, Shaena is a pathological pre-occasion-gift-giver. Yep, that is a medical condition, in case you did not know. If for some reason Shaena can manage to hide the gift from herself and resist the temptation of handing it over, she will subconsciously continue to give away so many hints and clues as to what is hidden under the gift wrapping and where the gift is hidden, so you can fairly easily piece the puzzle together.

2. Father’s Day is not on the 11th of June in any country in the civilized world. It is on the 20th of June here in the UK and on November 8th in Sweden.

From now on however, June 11th will be our official Father’s Day. Thank you baby, the cup is lovely!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey, don't be shy... drop us a line!