Sunday, June 21

Day 5 - Happy Father's Day!


So today is Father's day in the UK and I believe Canada too. Mom and I went shopping and bought some pressies for our boys. Funny enough Peter has been grilling me to find him slippers but I have had no luck so far. We walked into Debenhams and low and behold Peter's Homer slippers that he retired months ago were there in true form. They are the exact same pair that he used to have and they were on sale too!! So I bought them. It was meant to be and he is pleased beyond recognition that he has his slippers back!! I am a great shopper!

Mom and I also went to Starbucks with the gals today - Judy, Orlaith, Jen and us. Jen had just finished the Moonwalk which is a 26 km walk around Edinburgh from midnight till finish wearing a bra to support breast cancer. She did the whole 26km in 7 hours which is pretty impressive I must say! Way to go Jen!!

It was nice to have a drink with the ladies and catch up on the gossip.

Just to keep those of you in the loop - there is no baby yet...my Aunt said that because we didn't go to Karaoke last night, this is the reason he hasn't showed up. Pffft! Think my off key singing will get him out?! Nah!!

Here is a pic of Peter's new slippers! Mind the yellow!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey, don't be shy... drop us a line!