Thursday, February 5

Before it was the kissin kitchen - now it's the kissin/dancin kitchen!


So Peter and I are making a Harrison-Helin delicacy...hot dogs and potato salad. mmmmm. I had a craving. Again, my cravings are subjective to what food is said to me during the day and then I want it. So Peter is finishing up in the kitchen and I am taking over on blogging duties (ha ha duties) since we haven't posted any for about a week.

Let's see...so I got yelled at today! A mom walking her pram up the road yelled at me!! Can you believe that? My work car has a tendency of honking the horn when people get in and out and I guess I honked it and she had just gotten her baby to sleep. Like hello!!! you are out and about in city centre...be nicer to people and realize where YOU are! That is definitely not how I'll treat people when out with our little one. Babies cry...get over it!

Sorry, not to sound so grumpy. Really I'm not. It just baffles me sometimes with people and how they react.

It's also only 22 days till Mexico! Peter has booked us a hotel for the arrival night since we're arriving a day before the actual events start. I can't wait. I know I'm a true Winnipeger but the cold here sucks! It is chilling to the bone! Plus our house loses heat like crazy. Today we nailed some blankets up around the windows to help stop the drafts.

Orlaith and I were saying today that this city is just ridiculous as well. The city of Edinburgh has instigated a new law and required all landlords with rented properties to get an "Energy Performance Certificate" which basically means someone comes out and rates the energy efficiency on a property. So these companies will come out and say "your property would save on energy if it had double glazing windows and energy saving light bulbs" meanwhile there is a law in the city preserving the "look" of Edinburgh and most properties city centre are "A Listed" which means they have to keep original features as if we were back in the 1300's. No double glazing. This certificate is now a legal requirement however they are only recommendations and landlords are not required to conduct the upgrades to the property. Just another way that government spends it's money in silly ways!!

Man my blog is complain-o eh! I really am in a good mood!!

I think tonight we're going to watch "Into The Wild" which is the movie directed/written by Sean Penn. We watched about half last night but it is a long one and really good so far! Oh and if I can make any recommendations to movie goers, go see "Slumdog Millionaire" it is worth the £5 or $10!!

Love to you all and thanks for tuning in! We're almost at 300 waffles...mmm waffles!!!


3 comments:

  1. how come it's the kissing/dancing kitchen - i don't get it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The little piece of information Shaena neglected to disclose was that we have now added dancing to our routine in the kitchen. Silly girl! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome, now I'm up to speed. Thanks Pekka!

    ReplyDelete

Hey, don't be shy... drop us a line!