Saturday, February 21

Yesterday was about running around – Today is about eating. Lots of eating.


I flew in to Stockholm yesterday around lunchtime and took the express train to city centre and did not waste one second before digging in to my favourite junk food: MAX hamburgers; I had a MAX Supreme menu with extra everything and hot melted cheddar cheese dip. After the feast I started walking around waiting for my brother to finish work and come pick me up, and before I knew it I had been walking around for 2 hours, lugging my 2 bags around, and let me tell you, Stockholm is beautiful right now!

It is getting closer to spring, the sun is shining and all the swans in the water that is surrounding the city have had their little swan chicks… interesting that they are black like crows when they are born by the way. I got some decent pictures of the city and soon enough, John came to collect me.


Later in the evening we went outside the city to purchase new kitchen chairs for bro, so we went to the obvious choice of furniture supermarket for a Swede, guess which one: I*EA. Funny enough, they did not have much assortment at all, so we decided to go to the more expensive competitor MiO Möbler (möbler is furniture in Swedish by the way), and what do you know? Better chairs for better value! This has to be some kind of record, completely unheard of in Sweden that anyone can outdo them on kitchen chairs!

Today is all about eating. John is out buying breakfast for us right now, Swedish style, and later I am going to head downtown to meet with Rebecka and have lunch with her, then there is the art exhibition, and tonight we are going to the mother of all pig-out establishments: Genghis Khan Mongolian Barbeque on Sveavägen! There are many Mongolian BBQ’s in Stockholm, but nothing like the one on Sveavägen. I really shouldn’t have breakfast OR lunch before that, but I am sure I’ll be fine either way.

I miss my wife; traveling alone is not the same at all. Since we hang out so much together when we are at home and Shaena is my travel buddy; it feels kind of empty and awkward, but it’s only for a few days and then we’ll get to swim up to a bar by the pool on the beach, accompanied by dolphins wearing sombreros, while eating a lobster buffet and listening to a live band! (That was me cramming the whole trip into one single action. And yes, the dolphins are the ones wearing the sombreros.) Can’t wait!

2 comments:

  1. Haha! till och med jag kanner till det BBQ stallet! ;-))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Det är ju så hiskeligt god mat där, men jag lyckades trots detta endast klämma i mig en portion. Känner mig lite besviken! (Kan ha varit chokladtårtan som jag åt tidigare på eftermiddagen som ställde till det.)

    ReplyDelete

Hey, don't be shy... drop us a line!