Wednesday, April 7

A lovely bunch of coconuts


How nice it is to catch up with the girlies here in the Burgh. It was decided whilst I was away that a swap your clothes night would take place tonight so I tagged along although I have no clothes to swap. I did come away with a nice pair of slippers and a top and skirt. The other gals went away with proper garbage bags full of garments and Mae even had a bag full of shoes to give to Annaliese!

When Ethan and I arrived back in to the welcome opened arms of Hubby/Daddy, it really was a feeling of home. I have never felt so homesick whilst traveling before and although we had a nice time away, I was secretly counting down the days (almost etching them into the walls) before we took off.

The great thing about the trip was spending time with family and friends and them getting their time with Ethan and me. We were sick for the first few days but it was nice that it was in waves so everyone was able to pitch in and empty a bucket or 2. (he he he)

Chicago was beautiful (as per Julia's photos) and had the opportunity to catch up with Kate whom we haven't seen since she left the Burgh in 08. We had "early bird" cocktails at the John Hancock building which I am excited to go and visit again with Peter the next time we're in town. Nini and I scoured the town looking for the famous "Garrett's" Popcorn and we left with the Chicago Mix which is Cheddar and Caramel mixed together. Actually it was quite delicious!

Green Bay/Appleton/Freedom was beautiful rolling hills with cows and cheese-makers everywhere! Pete and Ida live in Appleton whom Peter and I knew in Dublin and they were able to make it over for dinner one night too which was another pleasure to catch up!

Winnipeg was lovely too. Got to finally see High Speed Wobble play at Dylan's. They are a great band if you are ever in town or when they become super famous. I'm not biased because my best friend is the singer and guitarist...no. They really are good!

A fun few nights were had at my Moms. We went through old boxes of stuff to clear out and found fun old photos and letters. She is going to scan some so we can put them up. We also finally found the original VHS from Hollywood Goes Hockey that has a big permed hair Mom with HUGE 80's glasses in a funny checkered sweater giving an interview on public television! Oh, SO GREAT!

Funny enough, our flight home wasn't as smooth as we were anticipating. We had a run in with a Delta rep whom decided that customer service was not in his vocabulary for the day so after a night to recuperate at home, I wrote the best letter and Delta has offered $100 in compensation for their mistakes and utter rudeness! Way to go Letter writing!

Since we haven't had any blog updates in the last few days, I thought tonight might be a good night to get my husband all fired up. Usually when I blog he has an epiphany and decides to write a blog of his own...which I tease him on by stealing my Blog Thunder...let's see what happens.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey, don't be shy... drop us a line!