Monday, March 23

Jetting off soon again


Later this week, on Wednesday morning to be exact, I am off to Sweden again for another business thing. I am going there to attend a workshop where our sales reps will learn how to utilize the company’s shared services better, such as technology and customer care, and I am going there as a resource and to give advice to the sales reps when they are putting their heads together to find solutions for a case study on one of our clients. I am sure it will be really interesting and I am glad I have been chosen to go, but at the same time it’s hard to be away from my growing little family even for a few days.

I am really not complaining, and I am lucky to be given these opportunities by my boss, and compared to his travel schedule, mine is a walk in the park! The whole workshop series is split up in four sessions in four different countries covered off in less than a month, and he is attending all of them on top of his usual travels and meetings.

Speaking of work, I must say the last couple of months in my office have been absolutely blissful and my Swedish team that I am in is just a dream team to work with. I am working with three girls, two Swedish and one Norwegian, and we have put a lot of effort in to finding ways to work smarter, more efficiently and with higher customer satisfaction. To sum it up in one really cool corporate buzzword: Leaner. We are working leaner than ever before, and it is paying off. Hopefully we’ll be able to spread our gospel to the rest of our centre soon, but we’ll see. One step at the time.

On another note, completely irrelevant to the above, our little boy is kicking like a madman in there! It is the coolest thing ever that there is a living being in there just waiting to come out and see the world, but of course I am just a tad nervous as well, not much though. I am sure nature will kick in once our little man arrives this summer and everything will be just fine. Another colleague of mine, whose daughter just turned four years old, put it like this:

”I am just amazed by myself; I have managed to keep another human being alive for four years!”


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey, don't be shy... drop us a line!