Sunday, March 6

Saturday Night Is Alright For...


...a surprise birthday party!

My lovely wife never seizes to amaze me. Last night Shaena managed to pull off a surprise birthday party for me, being that it is my 29th birthday tomorrow. Yes, I know… 29! 365 days and 43 minutes away from 30!

Yesterday morning I kinda figured that something was going down as I accidentally intercepted a text message from one of the guys that Shaena had invited to this secret party saying: “Sorry, can’t make it tonight, I am coming down with the flu.” and later in the afternoon she made me leave the flat for an hour and once back I was not allowed to open one of our fridges and the whole flat smelled like cake.

All I really knew for sure though was that Uncle John and his family were invited over for pizza in the evening so imagine my surprise when the doorbell kept dinging throughout the night with people coming by to wish me a happy birthday!

Shaena really did a fantastic job of pulling all of this together under the radar and had invited a whole bunch of our friends and even guys from my office (guys who on Friday at work sneakily played along and asked: “So, Peter, what are your plans for the weekend then?” – Whereby I said: “Ah, nothing much… just potter around the flat, hang some curtains…” Sucker!). Shaena had even gone out on Friday afternoon with my brother for a huge grocery shopping and also stocked up on drinks that she’d hidden in our cold storage to avoid raising suspicion!

The party was a blast and about 15 people all in all showed up. Ethan, who of course was supposed to be in bed around 7, decided that this was one party he was not going to miss and instead he stayed up to entertain the guests with dancing and ‘cheersing’. Good lad!

No birthday party is complete without a devilishly yummy chocolate cake. Here’s the result of Shaena’s afternoon baking session:



No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey, don't be shy... drop us a line!