Friday, August 20

Finally Friday!


This week has been a long one, I tell ya! Business is picking up at work which means oodles of talk time for yours truly and Ethan has been his normal whirlwind self for the first half of the week and felt a bit under the weather for the second half. Looks like he is having another huge chopper coming through, which of course explains him not feeling 100%. Business is also picking up for peterhelin.com, which is really cool! Got quite a bit of work lined up and hopefully more to come!

Shaena has also found herself a part time job this week. She is now calling herself a ‘Professional Pet Rescuer’ and is rescuing pets for money on king.com. For those of you who are not all that into online gaming, this is like playing a game of good old fashioned poker… but on the internet… and instead of people there are cats and dogs… and instead of cards there are colorful boxes… and instead of bluffing there are fires to extinguish… and instead of excitement there is… nothing! :) So far so good though! Today I had a message at work saying that her £1 that she initially invested had now grown to £25!

What else? Well, this weekend will be a fairly short one for me as I am off up to Perth for a work thing on Sunday morning. Our Managing Director from Sweden, the lovely Anders, is coming over to take our Swedish team out for a teambuilding day consisting of, get this, activities like: Gladiator games, Archery, Sumo Wrestling and Sphering (which in other words is to roll down a hill in a giant plastic bubble)! We are also doing a bit of more traditional teambuilding stuff like ‘3 truths and a lie’ and ‘Let me tell you about one of my passions’ kind of exercises.

This whole Swede-palooza will be rounded off with a nice dinner at ‘The Woodoo Rooms’ back in Edinburgh. Very much looking forward to this outing and I can promise that there will be picture to follow of me getting beaten up with a stick, me rolling down a hill, me in a fat suit, but hopefully no pictures of me getting impaled by an arrow during archery!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey, don't be shy... drop us a line!