Friday, December 18

Holiday! Celebrate!


Almost there! Today was my last full week at work for the year, and my last week in the office. I am working from home on Monday, and after that I am ready for carols, sleigh bells, Christmas spirit and excessive consumption of Swedish meatballs. Today was not only the last day; it was also a really good day! I had my annual review with my manager and felt really good afterwards. It really felt like my efforts throughout the year have not gone unnoticed and she recognized that the work that I do in our team is both valued and important.

What I liked the most about the review was that she largely had the same view on my achievements as me, she had graded me pretty much the same as I had already graded myself in a self assessment, and we had also identified the same areas of development. The company is also ready to invest in my development, so I think 2010 is going to be a great year for me professionally (and personally as well of course, but that goes without saying). All in all, I feel really good about going on Christmas leave with that review under my hat.

Now, let's get that baby Jesus' birthday party started!

2 comments:

  1. Anyway Peter. No year will ever be better than 2009, don't you think? God Jul

    ReplyDelete
  2. God Jul Jennifer! :) I think 2009 will be hard to beat, but next year will be pretty awesome as well!

    ReplyDelete

Hey, don't be shy... drop us a line!