Wednesday, December 3

Another week, another visitor...


We are now well passed 20 guests since we moved to Edinburgh and we still really enjoy the company, and it gets us out and about as well. This time it is our friend Meghan from Kitchener, Canada, who we met while still in Ireland. She is 50% of a very funny sister-duo, and if you have a look at our old blog, there are pictures from our last “Dublin big-meet”.

Meghan is here on a spur of the moment kind of trip, nothing really planned, but I am guessing she will do a whole bunch of the touristy stuff most of our visitors do. An advantage for her is obviously that she has been here before and has already seen some sights, so she can take her time, chill, and just hang out.

Tonight is girls-night at Mrs. Thomson-Cantwell’s place, so I am by myself. I actually quite enjoy it from time to time! Work is kind of end-of-year hectic right now, therefore it is nice to just zone out and watch some random National Geographic’s show. God I am getting old!

I am also reading quite a bit right now. Basically, I am hooked on my new book ‘Slash’ which is the autobiography by Slash from Guns ‘N Roses. Not entirely sure why I am drawn to these rock-biographies, but I think it is all the different things these people have experienced, not to mention all the debauchery; thrashed hotel rooms, drugs, filth, petty crime, money down the drain, and the list goes on.

Always interesting to read about other people’s madness, isn’t it? Most of all I think I enjoy reading about the story behind all my favourite songs though. Feels kind of good to know who the girl in “Sweet Child O’ Mine” really is and where the idea for “November Rain” came from. Probably just me being a goof.

Anyhow… I’m off. Ta!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey, don't be shy... drop us a line!