Friday, January 28

We made it!...barely!


Now before I begin, I just want to say a big thank you to everyone whom has helped us along the way on our journey from city to city and especially to my AMAZING husband and son who have put up with me during this difficult sickness!

Where to begin. Moving day was to take place on the Monday and on Sunday I started feeling unwell. Well that has turned into full blown tonsillitis! Now I am on the highest dose of meds to hopefully batter this sickness but I have also been completely out for the count too which means Peter has been doing ALL the work himself (with a bit of extra help from the moving company and Lesley who rocks for cleaning our kitchen!)

The moving company was great! They came in and packed everything! It was strange not being able to lift a finger. What a life of luxury and definitely a new way to do things from now on though hoping we won't be moving for quite sometime after this.

Our friends Jen and Mike (sans Mike though as he has been in DC checking out schools for his Masters degree) were lovely to take us in for the nights that we no longer had furniture. It really is a shame though that I have been THIS sick cause we really didn't get to do any of the things we had planned or say goodbye to people in person.

Yesterday we hopped aboard our Norwegian flight to Stockholm which was an amazing flight and the nicest staff ever but again, it was like I was a zombie flying as nothing on my body worked or felt well. When we arrived in Stockholm, Peter went and collected the car we rented with our airmiles (and cost us £4 all in all!) and we drove to Erin & Svante's with a side stop at our new digs though we couldn't find it in the dark. Turns out our place is SO new that it's not even on google maps yet.

Pause for more shortly!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey, don't be shy... drop us a line!