Thursday, January 7

My playlist makes me nostalgic


I have recently updated Mr. LePod with new (but still old) music and when I sit here on the number 25 to work, performing my normal morning routine of extensive people-watching (without being creepy of course), looking out the window trying to count how many Polish delicacy shops there are along Dalry road, and trying to imagine what the prisoners at Her Majesty’s Prison Sighthill are doing right now, I realize that my music is bringing me down memory lane, back to my teens.

I am almost ready to get off the bus outside work and so far I have had the pleasure to enjoy: Alice Cooper’s ‘Poison’, AHA’s Take On Me’, Lighthouse Family’s ‘High’ as well as and Swedish music like Magnus Uggla’s ‘Fula Gubbar’, Ebba Grön’s ‘Pervers Politiker’ and from back home in Piteå, the local punk band Tarmgas with ‘Du’, ‘Nostalgi’. Funny how music can trigger memories and set the of the mood in such a distinctive and direct way!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey, don't be shy... drop us a line!