Thursday, November 26

Blitzing Sweden


I just got back from my super-short trip to Stockholm, Sweden. I left Edinburgh yesterday morning, (and it took me all flippin’ day to get to Stockholm!). My dear brother picked me up at the airport and we went straight to the grocery store to shop for our upcoming food feast before we went home to John’s apartment and turned on the oven and the grill. Let me tell you; Swedish meat is great! Much better than the chewy old cows the UK has to offer. Not to mention the potato chips and dip! We (read: John) cooked up a great dinner and he presented me with the best béarnaise sauce I have ever tasted and a couple of Staropramens to wash it down with! Yum-my!

Today, I was up bright and early to pick up sandwiches and salads at a café in the city for my workshop that I was to deliver together with my sales rep colleague Erik. I met up with Erik at our client’s premises (Erik was late and lost, so John and I picked him up by the side of the road in John’s car) and we delivered a half-day workshop which we think went down really well with the client. We got applause from the participants when we were done, so it must have been decent at least.

Once we were all done and dusted with the first client, we swiftly made our way to our next meeting with another client, who conveniently happened to be situated at the airport, so once that meeting was over; I simply walked down to the security check and made my way to my gate. How handy was that!?

I really enjoyed being out in the field meeting clients, and it is always nice to get a bit of a reality check to understand more about clients pain points, how different organizations work, and where our company can help. That totally sounded like a cheesy corporate pitch, but hey, maybe I am corporate!

The downside with traveling for work is that I miss out on time with my family, and as you know, that is time I value dearly. At least, I have had text and Skype updates on Ethan’s progress with eating apple & banana sauce for the first time, and it was apparently messy but good times! Our baby is growing up so fast, one day he is eating pureed food making a total mess, and before you know it he is regretting that playboy bunny-tattoo he got on a late night out with the boys in Ibiza one summer!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey, don't be shy... drop us a line!