Monday, January 14

Gallivanting around Chicago


Last week I had the pleasure of going on a whistle-stop visit to Chicago with work for our annual kickoff. About 2000 CareerBuilder folks from all around the world came and stayed at the Sheraton we had the pleasure of listening to a number of truly awesome guest speakers. Unfortunately, due to their contracts for these engagements, I am not able to namedrop, post photos or quote them on all the awesome things they said… but trust me, it was awesome.

Even though the schedule for the few days I was there was jam packed, I had a chance to go and check out the city for a few hours and I must say; I am a big fan! Really cool city and I am sure there’s lots of gems left to visit so we’ll have to make sure to make it back to the windy city.

Good trip all in all and Shaena did great working fulltime as well as taking care of the boys while I was out gallivanting around halfway across the globe.


A classic inflight wing photo

Phew!
A sign to prevent weapons violations and gang recruitment!
I instantly felt a lot safer!

Navy Pier Christmas lights

Chicago by night

Chicago by day

Here comes the fuzz!

Hancock Tower
Needless to say; the view from the 96th floor
was amazing!


The famous Garrett's Popcorn Shop
The only thing Shaena asked me to bring back from Chicago
was a bucket of Garrett's Popcorn 'Chicago Mix'.
So I did. And they did not disappoint! Finger licking good!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey, don't be shy... drop us a line!