Wednesday, April 25

Daddy days are just around the bend!


It’s happening again! Another slew of daddy days are just weeks away and we are getting increasingly excited about our awesome summer to come. May 10th is my last day at work until September 2nd and I can’t wait for some more family quality time! Gotta love Sweden for it’s social insurance and benefits. Still no set plans for the summer but I am positive we’ll solidify an awesome summer agenda in the next few weeks and whatever it holds, I know BBQ’ing and cold beers on the balcony will be a key ingredient in that plan.

Speaking of sweet benefits; in the last couple of days we've also secured another 7-ish months worth of additional paternity days that I never claimed whilst we were living in Scotland! Days that I actually had no idea I could claim. As it turns out; parents who are Swedish citizens with children born abroad can claim their parental benefits when they move back to Sweden and as I never took out any UK paternity leave, this little nugget of awesomeness has now been credited to our Swedish paternity day account. In other words; the Harrison-Helins are looking forward to very long summers for the next 5 years or so!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey, don't be shy... drop us a line!