Thursday, March 8

The Big 3-0

Yesterday marked the 30th anniversary of this dude landing on Earth so of course my lovely thoughtful wife had secretly and sneakily been planning and tinkering away on some super-sweet surprises! First thing in the morning I was presented with a birthday card that even made this hardboiled Swede go all mushy!

When I got home from work later on; the ‘fridge surprise’ in the photos below was presented to me and my very own mix tape playlist was playing in the background! Soon after getting home; my mom, Roland and Fanny arrived from a long drive down from Piteå and joined in on the celebrations. (As it happens; Fanny is moving down to Stockholm and in to her new apartment today!)

After a lovely dinner and a glass of wine it was time for what I believe to be the best part about celebrating ageing: Pressies! If is safe to say that I got spoilt silly with tickets to a comedy show, a gift certificate for clothes, my favourite bottle of whiskey, two really cool Slash screen print t-shirts that Shaena had made, a flight experience where I’ll get to fly a plane with an instructor… and tomorrow the party continues when a custom made red velvet cake will be delivered and we’ll have even more people over for din-dins!

On top of all this awesomeness I’ve also been spoilt with contributions to the ol’ bank account (which of course is a gift that is always welcome when you have two high octane supercharged kids in the house!) and last but definitely not least; I have received countless birthday messages and phone calls from literally all around the world!

Sum of it all: I am a very, very lucky 30 year old!

Thank you very much everyone!

A mix tape, a playlist, a 'Birthday Boy Remote' and a pressie fitted to the fridge
- what more can one ever ask for?

My very own mix tape!

All the top hits from the 7th of March of each year since 1982!

A one of a kind screen printed Slash t-shirt!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey, don't be shy... drop us a line!