Monday, December 6

For snowsake!


Like any other day in Edinburgh for the past week, it is snowing again. The only thing with today is the city has decided it can't cope and ALL bus services have been shut down and it is impossible to get a taxi as they are not taking any bookings. So my question is, what would have happened someone was in labour or had a non life threatening emergency? I mean, the ambulances are not a taxi service, or are they even capable to withstand the overflow that the rest of the city is pointing their way? Not to be so melodramatic but I am sure situations like this are happening right now!

Luckily for Peter, he caught the last bus out of work but the rest of the office might be stranded there. Ethan and I are happy to walk about town with him comfortably in his sling though 30 pounds is quite a bit to lug around town. I think we'll be making some hot chocolate and baking this afternoon to keep the cabin fever down. Not to mention that I scored the 1st season of Degrassi High! CLASSIC!

My only great fear right now is that this weather phenomenon continues for the next few weeks and we don't get to fly for Christmas. Then I'll be cursing a snow fearing city! Come on people, grow a pair! Get out there and shovel and sand!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey, don't be shy... drop us a line!